Steve Jobs Superb Quotes
Steven Paul Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011) was an American entrepreneur. He is best known as the co founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. Through Apple, he was widely recognized as a charismatic pioneer of the personal computer revolution and for his influential career in the computer and consumer electronics fields.
Jobs also co founded and served as chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios; he became a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company in 2006, when Disney acquired Pixar.
Steve Jobs Superb Quotes
- Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
- Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?
- If today were the last day of my life, Would I want to do what I’m about to do today?
- And whenever the answer has been “no” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
- It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy.
- It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.
- My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better.
- Innovation has nothing to do with how many R&D dollars you have. When Apple came up with the Mac, IBM was spending at least 100 times more on R&D. It’s not about money. It’s about the people you have, how you’re led, and how much you get it.
- Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ but the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’.
- That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end, because once you get there, you can move mountains.
- My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each other’s negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts. Great things in business are not done by one person, they are done by a team of people.
- I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.
- It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people.
- My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
- Pretty much, Apple and Dell are the only ones in this industry making money. They make it by being WalMart. We make it by innovation.
- Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
- To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of disciplines.
- We hire people who want to make the best things in the world.
- I think death is the most wonderful invention of life. It purges the system of these old models that are obsolete.
- I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.